Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Perfect Practice Makes Perfect

I was able to successfully play a low G, low A, B, C and D. Transitioning to E caused problems and by the time I hit F, my lips gave out. I spent over an hour trying to master the scale and it's apparent I need more practice.

Mary Had a Little Lamb sound more like Mary Took Her Lamb to Slaughter. But, hey, it was recognizable. I was thrilled that I had managed as well as I had. In my delight, I called my mother. She's responsible for this new adventure. Unfortunately, she wasn't home so my musical attempt has been forever recorded on her answering machine.

Later, when I called her back. She reassured me that I was loved. That, and I needed to practice a whole bunch more.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you practice today? Hmm?

Scully

Kelly Hanson said...

Actually, no practicing today. I already had a headache from substituting a second grade class.

Anonymous said...

Subbing for a class full of second graders? Are you nuts?

Just asking.

Scully