Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Worldly Fashions

After the horrible gym, work-out experience of burning muscles, sweat and simple misery, I went home and got ready to go into work. The best part about my job is that it's only on-call. I go in when somebody needs a day off. It's the same thing as substituting, which I also do.
Anyway, I got dressed. I stood in front of my full-length mirror and laughed. My outfit literally came from all over the world.

My boots were purchased during a vacation to Italy, specifically Sorrento. It's a lovely, quaint town south of Pompei. Very nice place. I would love to go back some day.

My skirt and jacket were from the States.

I bought the shirt in Schweinfurt, Germany.

The charm on my necklace came from Rhodes, Greece. It's a seashell called the Eye of the Sea. The little creature that makes it is only found in the Aegean Sea. I absolutely love it.

My hair was held back by a hair clip that I bought in Paris, France, last fall while on vacation with my husband, who by the way is the most fabulous man ever to breath fresh air.

It was an outfit made of miles of traveling and great memories. Believe it or not, it was a very simple outfit. Black boots, short black skirt, black shirt, a long red and black light weight jacket, a silver necklace with seashell and a barrette.

My neighbor, over the past weekend, mentioned to me a princess party she had taken her little girls to last summer. All the guests were to have dressed up in their fanciest dresses and be princesses for the day. Well, living in Germany does have its advantages. The young ladies were so curious about where each of them had found their dresses. One little girl commented that she got hers in Paris. Another princess got hers during a trip to Italy. Several guests had made their princess dress purchases in Germany. Military kids are so lucky. They get to travel around the world and experience things that people dream about and wait their whole lives to see and do.

I am fortunate enough to have been able to experience Europe as a teenager and again as an adult. Right now, I would love to have my husband home so he could reap the rewards of living in Germany. As he has spent most of this tour in Iraq, he has missed out on many adventures. Naturally, he has endured his own adventures, but those, I doubt, would be cronicled in a travel book.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I so look forward to getting on my computer and reading your silly and delightful tales! I LOVE the picture of you & Kirby (I like the furniture too)haha! Samantha