Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Official Results Are In

The Radiologist Report is clear. My knee is completely DORKED!

My tibia does have a fracture right near the epicondyle. Both my femur and my tibia have contusions which are significant enough to warrant a delay in the reconstructive surgery for my ACL, which apparently has completely disappeared. Although it would be possible to comfortably live without an ACL, provided that I did not need to move side to side or pivot, I have to have my replaced. Normally, the meniscus would be able to compensate for the lack of the ACL, however, my meniscus suffered damage and would deteriorate rapidly causing me to have that surgically repaired in the not so distant future. So, the surgeon will harvest a tendon from my gracilis muscle to reconstruct my ACL.

In the meantime, I must do physical therapy to prepare for the surgery. Additionally, physical therapy must be conducted postop in order to get my leg and knee functioning again. Surgery is scheduled for December 27th.

The biggest bummer about the whole situation is that I cannot ride my horse. CRAP!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kelly, you can have days off that don't involve surgery or injuring yourself! What the heck is going, the horse probably feels really really bad now that she knows it's so serious! Love you and hope your surgery goes well. Sorry you're hurt and I miss you. Love PJ