Sunday, April 29, 2007

Kentucky Horse Park

Here at the Rolex Kentucky 3-Day Event, I have learned and seen many, many things that will make my husband cringe. I met Larry in the Draft Horse Barn and he opened up my world. Larry, one of the caretakers, gave me amazing information about draft horses. What those amazing giant horses can do boggle the mind. He also told me the genetic impact of cross-breeding a cold-blood with a hot-blood. The warmblood, which my big girl is, is stubborn and eats a tremendous amount. Certainly, as a draft care-taker, he'll have his bias, but if the information he provided is correct, I am convinced there is a Percheron in my future. After watching the cross-country portion of the eventing, I am not so ready to dismiss jumping as a possibility. First, I must achieve the original goal: THE FLYING LEAD CHANGE.

No comments: