Sunday, August 17, 2008

Baxter Comes Home

There is a pet store just down the road from we live. The best part about this pet store is that they encourage folks to pet the puppies. Well, I'm not one to ever pass up the opportunity to pet a puppy, I take advantage of this practice about twice a week, maybe more. Fridays are the best days to go because they get a new shipment of puppies every Thursday.

Well, this miniature schnauzer has been at the store for several weeks. Other schnauzers have come and gone while he has remained. I've been petting this little guy for weeks. Because he is an older puppy, 3 months, and has been there a while, his price kept going down. When his price finally reached the lowest amount at which he would be offered, I started in on my husband.




Now that our daughter has decided to move out of the house, my amazing husband is beginning to suffer from empty nest syndrome. He, contrary to his gruff exterior, has a very soft spot for little fuzzy animals. This puppy snuggled in his arms and gave a little puppy kiss with his puppy breath and my husband's shell began to crack.







Last night didn't take much effort, as I have been begging for weeks and weeks. Finally, he relinquished his "NO MORE PUPS! WE DO NOT NEED ANOTHER DOG! WE HAVE THREE ALREADY! NO MORE ANIMALS, PERIOD!" position and said the baby could come home. YES!!

No comments: