Friday, November 03, 2006

September/October Activites Are Finished

My mother, in her infinite wisdom, once told me to not to wish my life away. I find myself remembering her words every time I wish my hurried schedule over. Now that September and October activities are complete, I have too much time on my hands. Funny how when I want to have a day to myself to get to all the times I have postponed, I find myself doing absolutely nothing with my free time. It's a drag, actually.

The October dinner theater rotation is finished. The Madam Cunundrum production was less satisfying than I had expected. Poop. I enjoyed playing Madam and the subsequent dead Emma Wolf, but my time in the spotlight was nominal. As those characters, I spent most of the show (two full acts out of four) behind the scene waiting for my return. Bummer. During the down time, I decided that I am a DIVA. I missed being the center of attention.

So, when the next show debuted, as Larissa Culaard, I was thrilled. Even though I wasn't the main character, I stole the show. Another minor character, Catherine de Medicci played by a senior in high school, Erin Darley, also rose above the written words and became a grandious spectacle. She and I played off each other and personally, I think we were AWESOME!

No comments: