Friday, August 19, 2005

5:00 a.m. is for sleeping

Usually, I can sleep through just about anything. Okay, any noises. Blinding light from the bathroom dramatically disturbs my R.E.M., but that's another story. Back to the noises. My dogs, okay, my spoiled rotten little Sydney, tends to need a bit of extra attention and usually it's around 3:00 a.m. when she begins to act a tad sassy. My husband, the world's most patient man, hears her long before I do and takes care of her every whim. At 3:00 a.m. it's predominantly a visit to the yard. Although sometimes, Syd just needs to have someone be awake with her.

Since we have moved into our new home, Sydney has worn herself OUT. Not only do we have lots of windows from which she can see the squirrels invade the yard, but she can also witness the comings and goings of many, many, many deer. By the end of the day, she is so worn out that she doesn't even make it on the bed. She simply crawls under the bed and is snoozing before her head hits the proverbial pillow.

Unfortunately, the move into the house has had an opposite affect on me. As a result, I now know that the paperboy delivers our newspaper at 4:50 a.m. The sound of the approaching vehicle up our cul-de-sac off of a cul-de-sac in an otherwise silent environment, caused my eyes to pop awake. Yep....just in time for the blinding light from the headlights to hit the bedroom window. So.....now I'm wake awake.

It's going to be a long, long day.

4 comments:

Kelly Hanson said...

Currently, I don't have any to post. It's something I need to do.

Anonymous said...

Kelly,
MISS YOU!! (and we are taking good care of your "tree") Life has been crazy with boy #3 - Tristan the Terrible. Happy to read about A.'s grad - can't believe he's old enough! Back in Leav??? Lee wants to go back to teach. LOVE and more love to you!! Christy G.

Kelly Hanson said...

I'm glad the tree is still alive! I think about you all the time. Any possibility that Lee might teach at CGSC? Zeeman is here, Moss is here, King is here, Hall is here. It's practically a reunion.

Chevy Rose said...

When we moved here seven years ago, our two dogs were very young. Now they're eight and know every inch of back yard. This past weekend they stayed at the kennel while we were out of town. And Monday when I brought them home and let them loose in back, they went crazy. Running around sniffing every scent, checking for invaders. Very funny.
And it takes some time to get use to the night sounds and lights of any new home.
P.S. Our paper is delivered at 4:15 a.m. ;)